Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Well Hello

I'm sure some of you have noticed that I have not been posting here for the past few months and I would like share why. Last July, while on a family trip in Montana, I got into a traumatic accident involving a four wheeler that almost cost me my left arm. Although I immediately underwent treatment and surgery , infection spread through my arm and I was very close to losing  my life.



I am on the road to recovery but still have a long way  to go. I had to get a metal rod inserted into my arm and although I do have movement in my hand now I am still unable to use my arm except to hold things under 5 lbs. I've had three surgery's going into my fourth surgery to fix my elbow that is now dislocating. The doctors believe my body has been rejecting the metal rod which also makes me more susceptible to another infection.

I've never felt more grateful to be alive. I have a new perspective on life;  things that used to bother me are now trivial and although this experience has and continues to be one of the hardest things I have ever experienced I am grateful to be emerging from it with a new clarity and joy for life. This past month I have been able to get back in the studio and start making new work which I am so excited about ! Below is a small sample of what I have been up to.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I ran onto your blog for the first time. 10 years ago I spent a year in the hospital with my daughter who was sick. My thoughts to you and your family for continued movement and progress forward. May your surgeries and recovery go smoothly. Kind Regards, Ann

angela said...

I hope for a full recovery, and I am very glad to hear that you are surviving and thriving with a new perspective on your life. I wish you health and happiness in whatever you do. Also happy you are blogging again!!!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! We met briefly at Cassandra's supper club last July ... Hope we cross paths again. Your work is beautiful!

harold hollingsworth said...

I just now am seeing this, hope you are recovering well and it looks like you have work pouring out, my thoughts and well wishes are with you and continued success and strength!

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...